Saturday, December 22, 2007

My New Love

Jim Shore! I first saw Jim's work in Cynthia's Hallmark at UTC Mall in October of this year. I immediately fell in love, but wouldn't let myself purchase any pieces. I thought of my mom too. One of the first Santa figures I saw was of this Santa with a big red skirt with birdhouses around the base. I thought about buying it as a Christmas present for her, but then decided these are something you really have to love to appreciate. His intricate designs delight me to my core, but I can appreciate that not everyone will love these. When my mom was visiting this past week, we were shopping at UTC and I told her I wanted to show her something. I brought her to the Hallmark store, showed her the figures, and she recognized them - had seen them at her Hallmark store. We browsed and fell more and more in love. She ended up buying the Birdhouse Santa that I knew she would love. I still couldn't get myself to buy one the one I loved for myself - it seemed like such a splurge during the Christmas season to buy for myself. I was jealous of Mom's and didn't stop thinking about my Twelve Days of Christmas Santa. Today I went for it. I bought my first Jim Shore Santa, and I LOVE him. So much so, I had to share!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is beautiful!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home