Saturday, June 23, 2007

What We've Been Up To

I'm so sorry it's been almost a month since updating; I hope we haven't lost all of our blog fans. Things have been pretty hectic around here. I am officially on Summer Vacation, and you know what that means....lots of pictures of Holden! Here's what we've been up to:

Friday, June 9th
I got a call from childcare asking me to come pick Holden up. He had a fever and was in and out of sleep when I arrived. Trey met us at the doctor's office. When we walked into the patient room, Holden got sick all over (his first real throw up ever). The doctor determined that he had an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. We came home and he slept until dinner. He took his bath and went back to sleep for the night. This picture was taken just after we got home from the doctor. He was so sick! Do you remember the fist up to the chin in the birth announcement picture? It's the exact same look, only 15 months later.
Throughout the weekend Holden's fever skyrocketed. On Saturday and Sunday he had fevers ranging from 104.2º to 103.7º. I took him back to the doctor first thing on Monday morning, and they prescribed a new antibiotic, Omnicef, because the ear infection wasn't clearing up. Holden was awake pretty much all night on Monday. On Tuesday he broke out in a rash head to toe. Back to the doctor's office, he didn't know if it was an allergic reaction to Omincef or a virus (Roseola), so he prescribed a third antibiotic for his ear infection just in case it was an allergic reaction. The rash lingered for a couple more days, so I'm pretty sure it was Roseola. Check that one off our list of childhood illnesses.

Friday, June 15th
My last official day of work for the 2006-2007 school year! Woo-hoo.... let the summer fun begin!

Saturday, June 16th
Holden and I went to the San Diego Zoo. I forgot the camera, well really it was in Trey's car. It was hard to see the animals because there were a lot of people, and the animals were pretty far away. I couldn't get Holden super interested in the whole experience, so we headed over to the Children's Zoo area. We went into the petting zoo and he had absolutely NO FEAR of the animals. He went up to one of the goats and pulled on his ears. Then the goat came up to me and started chewing on my pants pocket to get my keys out. We left. The highlight of the zoo trip was the little hand washing bar they have set up outside of the petting zoo area. Holden wanted to wash his hands, and then wash them again, and again. We headed over to see the ducks, and the Mouse House, and then headed home.

Today, Saturday, June 23rd
We woke up and played around all morning. Holden had the house strewn with toys after just minutes of playing. It really is pretty amazing how quickly everything comes out. Here he is pretending the flashlight is a leaf blower (one of his new favorite things after watching the gardeners work one day). He really likes when Trey turns on and lets him use the real thing, but when he's not around everything else becomes a blower.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't lost me as a blog fan! I still check faithfully! Thanks for the update for sure. I had been missing seeing updates of little Holden. xo, Lori

2:01 PM  
Blogger Anna Davis said...

Dont worry Jenn Lyn, your blog fans are still here! I am so excited to see all of your summertime fun with Mr. Holden.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home