Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last Night

Good news! Cash slept in own crib all night last night. One step in the right direction. The not so good news - he woke up a lot. Trey went out with his friends, which was great by me because I wanted to go to bed early. Here's what our night looked like:
  • Both boys in their own beds asleep by 7:30. Holden wasn't technically asleep but he was tucked in for the night.
  • I took a bath and was in bed by 8:00. I read until 8:30.
  • Cash woke up at 10:30. I nursed him and he went back in his crib quickly and easily.
  • Holden woke up with a nightmare at 11:45. I hadn't counted on him being up too! I layed with him for a minute and then went back to bed.
  • Cash woke up at 12:45. Nursed a little longer this time but was back in bed by 1:30 or so.
  • Cash woke up at 3:30. Nursed and back to crib.
  • Cash woke up at 4:30. I brought him back to bed with me. I was exhausted and knew he wasn't going to sleep. I nursed him in my bed and we fell asleep.
  • Holden woke up at 5:45, climbed in our bed, and begged me to go downstairs with him until I finally gave in at 6:30.
So, you can see - not a lot of sleep for this mama last night. Good thing I tucked in early. The only thing I can think to do differently is feed him formula for his last feeding so it stays with him a little longer. I am going to stick with it - I loved sleeping in my own bed without my arms falling asleep and my side aching from me trying to protect Cash in my bed. I'll keep you posted with our progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home