Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Survived Our First Week Back

I went back to work on Monday, April 13th, and both boys started full-time daycare. On Monday, Trey was home and dropped the kids off at school. I was euphoric for the first couple hours of school - I felt free. I didn't have to change any diapers, nobody was crying, and I was having real adult conversations without being interrupted. By our first recess, I was starting to miss the boys. I think I tried to call daycare, but nobody answered. By lunch, I called daycare again to see how they were doing. Cash was sleeping and Holden was doing fine. I picked them up around 3:00. Holden had three time-outs that day for hitting his friends. His teachers said he was "a little hyper today". Cash ate drank all of his bottles and slept a total of two and a half hours. That night Cash woke up five or six times during the night. Ugh!

On Tuesday, Trey dropped the kids off again. I was tired and run-down at work. It started raining after school just in time to pick the kids up. Holden was sitting in a time-out when I walked in. Cash drank his bottles fine, but only slept a total of one hour. I was in a horrible mood the rest of the night. Cash woke up about four times that night.

Trey was leaving for Mexico on Wednesday morning so I had to drop the kids off. I almost cried. I was so exhausted from the previous two nights, and I was beside myself that my kids weren't doing well at daycare. They ended up having a pretty good day. Holden was well behaved and Cash slept for an hour and a half. I was by myself that night. I put them both to bed and then went to bed myself around 8:00. Cash only woke up once.

All of us woke up around 5:30 on Thursday morning. I changed Cash and put him in the travel swing in our bathroom. Holden hopped int he shower with me. We made it out the door easily and I had them to school by 7:00. I was much better emotionally (probably because of more sleep) at school. Holden was well behaved. Cash slept a little over two hours. I picked them up early. Holden had a friend come over to play. Cash was in bed asleep by 6:20ish. Holden went down easily and I went right to bed. Both Cash and Holden woke up at 11:15. I fed Cash and put him back down. Holden wanted to sleep with me, but I walked him back to his room and layed down with him. He complained that his ear hurt, really hurt, so I gave him Motrin. I ended up falling asleep in his bed. I went back to my room around 3:00 a.m.

On Friday, Cash slept in until about 5:45. I brought him in the shower with me. I had to wake Holden up at 6:30- he was sleeping so soundly. Luckily it was pajama day at school, so getting him ready was a breeze. I had them to school by 7:00, and they ended up having good days again. Holden had his first poop at school, and Cash slept two hours (which I can't believe I'm considering is good). Cash was in bed by 6:20. Holden was in bed by 7:45. I fell asleep in his room again. I made it back to my bed around 10:30. Cash woke up once and Holden slept through.

Here we are on Saturday morning. It's 8:45 and we're all still in our pjs. Cash is sleeping in his swing. Holden is playing and watching tv. Trey gets home from Mexico today. Whew!

Working full time is exhausting. Any free moment I have at home needs to be spent making lunches, washing bottles, feeding the kids, picking up the house. My laundry is piled high and I don't think I've checked the mail since Tuesday. Only 38 more days of school, but who's counting!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home