Sunday, May 17, 2009

Three

Holden is growing up. I look at his long legs, and his sweet face and see almost no traces of babyhood. While I watch him "carving turns" on his scooter or getting himself dressed, I realize my baby is a big boy now.


He asserts his independence and says the darndest (and embarrassing) things. Today we were walking through the Babies R Us parking lot, he yelled out, "HEY, CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME?!!? DO YOU HAVE POOP IN YOUR PANTS??!!??!!" I was completely caught off guard and started cracking up. Probably not the right thing to do because he became totally tickled with himself and yelled it again. Then when we got home I went out to the garage to see what he was doing. I wanted to sneak up and take his picture while he was playing. I found him holding the trash can. I asked him what he was doing. He replied, "I'm carrying junk!"


Holden is starting to potty train himself at night. He'll get up in the middle of the night and go into the bathroom all by himself and then get back in bed. I had to tell him not to flush because he woke up Cash the first couple of nights. Now if that's not a sign that he's growing up, I don't know what is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home