Monday, October 22, 2007

Packed and Ready

We may be evacuated due to the horrible fires that are raging through San Diego right now. A lot of our neighbors have left, and we're packed and ready to go. I'm praying that we're safe.

UPDATE:
We were under suggested evacuation all day Monday, but stayed home. Trey went outside to check the wind, watch the smoke, and evaluate our safety. We packed up the car just in case we had to leave. I was a nervous wreck. We glued ourselves to the news all day, and by about 5:00 I told Trey I wanted to go. We loaded up the cat, dog, their food and supplies, and went to our friends' Scott and Michelle's house. Some of their other friends were over too because their power was out in Del Mar. Michelle made a great dinner, and I kind of forgot about the fires for bit. Holden was so happy to be out of our house as well, and loved playing with all of Gavin's toys. After dinner and putting Holden to bed, we watched the news. I learned our house was under MANDATORY evacuation, and one of the news reporters reported that the fire was headed for Del Mar Heights Road, the cross street to our development. I freaked. Just about that time, Michelle received a reverse 911 call for the Solana Beach area urging residents to evacuate. I was anxious to say the least. Trey continued to be calm and unalarmed, and I got mad at him because I wanted him to be concerned. We all went to sleep, knowing we would hear if we had to evacuate. When we woke up, we heard Del Mar was under mandatory evacuations. However, the winds had died down, and a ton more resources came into to fight the fires; this gave us a positive outlook. We went back home around 11:00, and have been here ever since. Holden has been couped up all week, and is literally bouncing off the walls. We are so fortunate that we are safe, so many families have lost their homes. On my two outings this week, I've seen people buying clothes for friends who've lost everything. It's heartbreaking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was thinking about you because i just heard on the news that they were evacuating parts of del mar. i'll be praying for you all. stay safe.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home