Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Big Brother


Holden is going to become a big brother around the end of November or beginning of December. I've been pregnant for eighteen weeks now, and am currently feeling great. The first trimester was tough. I was nauseous a lot and was exhausted, working full time and taking care of a busy toddler drained me. Around 12 weeks, when the morning sickness should be coming to end, I got a horrible flu and cold. I couldn't get rid of it, and didn't start feeling 100% until about a week after summer vacation started. We did all of the recommended tests like the first trimester screening- the results came back great - but I decided to have the amniocentesis done since I am 35. We just got the results this week - all of the chromosomes are normal and we are having a BOY! Up to the this point, anytime we asked Holden if he wanted a brother or sister, he would always say brother, so it couldn't be more perfect. Our family is going to be complete with two happy little boys! We are thrilled! I will update with belly pictures in the coming weeks. I took these pictures of Holden and I with the auto timer - they're not the best photos, but you can get the idea....I'm pregnant.



Holden and I have been talking a lot about this baby lately; I've tried to get across that it's his brother coming. He asks everyday, "You have a baby in there!?!" Sometimes he'll say he has a baby in his belly too. One night last week, when I was putting him to bed he asked if I had a baby in there.

I said, "Yeah, it's your brother. He's going to stay in my belly and grow and around Christmas time he's going to come out and live with us."

H: "He going to live with us?!"

Me: "Yeah. He's going to live with us in our house."

H: "At Christmas?"

Me: "Yep."

H: "He grow in 'der?"

Me: "Yeah and then he'll come live with you."

H: "I eat him?"

Me: "No, Silly! You can't eat him, he's your brother."

It took me telling this story to Trey and my mom to finally get that he was trying to make a connection to the baby being in my belly and eating food. He knows the food he eats goes into his belly, so maybe he thought I ate something to get this baby in my belly. And if it's his brother and he'll live with him, will he have to eat him? I thought it was really cute and funny. Our conversations have gone on to where the baby will sleep, and if the baby will go to his classroom with him. It's cute how inquisitive he is about the whole thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna Davis said...

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! So excited to meet Fletcher Baby Brother. You look great, and I am sure that Holden will be a very helpful, loving big brother.

p.s. That Big Brother Tshirt is the cutest one I've ever seen--where did you get it?

12:41 PM  
Blogger lmg said...

Great story! I laughed out loud! Congratulations to you all! We are so excited for you.
xo,Lori

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I got the t-shirt at the Carter's Outlet. They had tons. Thanks for the congrats Friends!

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy for you (and your growing family)! holden is so cute... he going to be such a great big brother... as long as he doesn't eat the new baby ;)

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home