Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Dental Visit

Holden made his first trip to the dentist yesterday, July 23rd. It was a wonderful experience. He went in and sat right down in the chair. The dental technician showed him all the tools and even let him play with them. She was extremely patient with his "what's that...what's in there?" She showed him inside of every drawer and explained what everything is used for. Next, she cleaned his teeth. Finally, the dentist came to check his teeth and she said they look great. He may have a bit of crowding in the front when he gets older, but it's nothing to worry about. I'm lucky in that I have a boy who loves to brush and floss his teeth, so the trip to the dentist was a breeze. I did learn that our brushing routine needs to change a bit. Holden has to always brush/floss first, and when he's finished he says, "Your turn...more toothpaste!" I do the real thing after. Well, I learned we were using too much toothpaste. Ingesting too much fluoride could stain his permanent teeth. So I think I'll have to let him brush with just water, and then I'll finish with the toothpaste.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home