Sunday, August 13, 2006

Moving Up, Moving Down, Moving On

Holden's had four big milestones this week: he's moved up into a new bath seat, the Tubside Bath Seat; his crib mattress has moved down to the lowest level; he's sleeping later into the morning - no more 3 am waking; and he's eating more at a time.

Bath time has not been pleasant, at least for mom and dad, these last couple of weeks. He has face planted in the bath a couple of times, swallowed (choked on) water numerous times, and has just been plain hard to manage and keep safe. I researched baby baths and decided on the Tubside Bath Seat because I could fill the bath water up higher and he could have a "real" bath. In the seat, he can't bend over too far to suck on the water. It's a huge plus to return peace to bath time!

Holden is sitting up better and better everyday. He can now go from a crawling position to a seated position (sometimes with no hands touching the ground) all by himself. Like I predicted, he doesn't stay seated for very long before he's off to get something else. He is also starting to pull up a little on things, not very far - just to his knees or so. With this new sitting/pulling up ability, he was getting awfully close to the top of the crib when he would demonstrate these moves inside his crib. On Thursday night (7/10), he was hard to put down to sleep. He kept fussing and wanting more to eat. Normally, I would let him fuss a bit, but I kept panicking that he was going to fall out of his crib. This was also the night he eliminated the 3 am feeding. I woke up at 3:30 worried that he had fallen out of the crib and I just didn't hear it. He was sleeping safe and sound. Then at about 5:30 am, he woke up screaming an "I'm In Pain" kind of scream. I jumped out of bed, yelled out Trey's name in a panic, and ran into Holden's room hoping to find him still in one piece. He was still in one piece INSIDE of his crib, but had flung his leg over his bumper and got his foot stuck outside the bars. After this night of worrying, I knew it was time to move the mattress down.

Yesterday (7/12) while out running errands, I made Holden a 6 ounce bottle. He drank it down quickly and cried for more when he finished. I only had another pre-measured 6 ounce serving of formula, so I mixed it up thinking he'd only have another ounce or so. Well, to my surprise he drank another 4 ounces - making his feeding a total of 10 ounces! I guess we've hit the 6 month growth spurt! He's eating fewer times a day, but eating more at each feeding.

All of these are sure signs that our little boy is growing up. Life just keeps getting better and better with sweet Holden.

Dad moves the crib mattress down, so that Mom can sleep peacefully.

Holden sleeps safe and sound his in crib. Whew!

Holden LOVES his new bath seat!

1 Comments:

Blogger lmg said...

This is the tub we used for Ryan and now for Charlie. They both loved it and Charlie still does. I'm sure you've seen how much fun they have in our pictures. You'll be able to use this one for a long time. Bath time is so peaceful that when Steve and I are deciding who is going to take what task, he always quickly responds, "BATH for me". Why? Because he can sit on the top of the tiolet and just hang out while Ryan and Charlie frolick in the bath together. So great to watch. Enjoy.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home