Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sleep, or Lack Thereof

The first week of the big boy bed was great. Holden would come out a few times when we put him down, but then would settle down and sleep through the night. Last week, all hell broke loose. He became really hard to put down to bed, and the worst part was he started waking up multiple times a night having nightmares, and walking around the house. Between being 29 weeks pregnant, uncomfortable, and waking up multiple times a night with Holden- I was a mess. This past Tuesday night I was awake with Holden from about 10:30 pm to 2:30 am. I would get him back down, would settle myself back into bed, but by the time I got comfortable enough to fall asleep Holden would be back up crying. A few times he went downstairs by himself (SCARY!) and wandered around calling for Mommy and Daddy. On Wednesday morning, my principal simply asked how I was and I burst into tears. I couldn't stop crying for like 15 minutes. That night when we put Holden to bed and he came out of his room, I immediately asked Trey to put the crib front back on. I couldn't do another night like the previous. Holden has been sleeping through the night ever since. He was not emotionally ready to be in a big boy bed - the nightmares, the reckless daytime behavior due to sleep deprivation, the dark sleepy eyes - it was all too much. I'm happy to be getting sleep again, but know in a few short months I'll be up with Baby Cash. Maybe this was God's way of reminding me what lack of sleep is going to feel like.

1 Comments:

Blogger lmg said...

I am so sorry Jenn! That sounds horrible! Don't feel bad though... my Charlie will be 3 on Saturday and she's still in her crib! Oh goodness, but I will need to jump that hurdle faster than I'd like!

Hang in there Friend!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home