Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cash is Born

Cash's delivery was peaceful, and an overall great experience. We went in to Scripps Memorial Hospital at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 4th. I got my room and was hooked up to monitors, and answered a million questions from the nurses. Promptly at 12:00 p.m., I was wheeled into the operating room and they started to prep me for delivery. Cash was born at 12:24 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces, was 19.5 inches long, had a full head of hair, and a beautiful hearty cry. Trey cut got to cut his cord and stayed by his side for the rest of the c-section procedure. After surgery, I went back to the same room I was in before for recovery. As soon as I could move my legs and toes (around 2:00) I was taken to my maternity room where I stayed for the next 4 days. I was awake and alert through the entire process and loved the whole thing. It was a perfect delivery. All of my nurses were beyond amazing for my entire stay. My recovery over the next couple of days was not always easy, in fact I'll go as far as to say it was hard and painful. I'm glad I stayed the full four days to recover.

Holden came to meet his baby brother after school on Thursday. He opened presents Cash had brought him, and loved him immediately. During his visit Cash received his first bath. Trey went in with Cash, and Nana Judy and Holden watched from the window. When it was time to leave, Holden cried because he wanted to take Baby Cash home ( he didn't really care about mom and Nana Judy staying). Trey walked Holden out to the nurses station and Holden asked the head nurse if he could take Cash home. She was really cute with him and told him not tonight, but to ask her again tomorrow. He received a $2.00 certificate to spend on a treat at the food court for being a great big brother.


Trey, Nana Judy and Holden visited everyday. I sent them all home the second night and stayed alone with Cash. It was not the easiest thing because it was still really painful to move around. My mom stayed with me the third night and I stayed alone again on my last night. I loved my time with Cash in the hospital.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Everyone! Cash is beautiful! He looks just like Holden! I can't wait to meet him!

xo, Lori

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home