Sunday, February 08, 2009

Visalia

The boys and I made a trip to Visalia on Saturday, 1/31. We picked up my sister, Jill, on the way. It was really great to catch up with her - we haven't seen each other for a long time. It made the 5+ hours in the car fly by. We stopped in Bakersfield to see Amanda, Caleb, and JR on the way too. Once we were at my parent's house all hell broke loose. One of my boys were crying or in crisis at any given moment. Neither slept very well, which made me one crabby exhausted mama. On Sunday, Holden fell while riding his scooter and cut his face. I thought he needed stitches at first glance but it turned out to be pretty superficial. Thank God for my mom and sister - they helped soooo much and I could not have made it through without them. We left on Monday morning, and did the same stops on the way. We stopped to see Amanda and Caleb, and then stopped again to drop Jill off. We made it home by Monday evening around 5 pm. I love going to visit my family, and I'm coming to terms with traveling just not being easy for the next couple of years.

Holden and Papa Jim making "bugs" (fishing lures).
And then enjoyed pizza while watching Handy Manny.

Aunt Jill has always been the master at getting my boys to smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home