Friday, June 23, 2006

Reflections (Ramblings) of a Mom

Car Seats

I think Holden has, or is about to, outgrown his infant car seat. The limit for the Graco Snugride we have is 20 pounds or 26 inches. Holden was 23 3/4 inches at his 2 month appointment, so I'm pretty sure he's close to the 26 inches now. Our friend, Steph, said her son outgrew his infant seat at 4 months, so I guess it's possible. I think we're going to get the Britax Boulevard seat. It's a bit pricey at $300, but luckily it will last until he's 65 pounds. (Mommy friends, what age are kids when they're 65 pounds?) I'm so sad to give up the Snap & Go stroller frame. It has been so easy to zip around with that. But it's stroller time now! I have a question though. What do I do when I go to a store with carts? Holden can't sit up on his own yet. I can't really push a cart and a stroller around the store. How do I do it? Baby Bjorn?


Sleep

You are all probably so tired of hearing us talk about sleep, but things are getting better. Reallly, they are! I've gotten more than 7 hours of sleep the last two nights in row. Woo-hoo! Holden has eliminated the 2:00/3:00 waking! He goes to sleep between 6:30 and 7:00 at night. He wakes up to eat between 11:00 and midnight (Trey is usually still up and does this feeding), and then again around 4:00 or 5:00 am. He goes back to sleep and wakes up for the day at 7:00 am. I'm not sure if he needs both those night feedings. I'm also not sure which to eliminate first. I'm afraid if we get rid of the 11:00, then he'll start waking up again around 2:00 or 3:00. If we try the 4:00/5:00, I'm afraid he won't go back down and then he'll want to be "up" at that time. We have a doctor appointment on Monday, I'll ask the pediatrician. But any advice in this department would be greatly appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger lmg said...

Oh, tough question on the carseats. Both my girls were sitting up at least a little bit when we made the switch. I did have to roll and stuff a blanket around the back of them in the cart at the store (like it was a miniature boppy) so that they would not tumble over because they were really sturdy yet. As for the weight and height part, doctors seem to vary but my doctor says that they should have both requirements, 20 pounds and the 26 inches. And now that I think about it, she didn't give an exact inch requirement, it was "head not taller than the top of the seat and feet not dangling off the end" Hope that helps a little.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Anna Davis said...

Jenn, such a good question. Waylon is very close to hitting the 26" mark as well--but not anywhere close to sitting up on his own. The other issue--I am so bummed to have to buy 2 car seats! I wonder if there is a store or a website that will give a discount for buying two. Cant wait to see you and Holden on Monday!

9:32 PM  
Blogger lmg said...

Anna, just wait until 2 carseats turns to 4 carseats... that really sucks! Ha-Ha! Let me know if you find such a place.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home